Oxford Discover Futures Level 1 Student Book
Oxford Discover Futures is a six-level course, created to address the evolving needs of secondary-level learners of English in the 21st century. Second language acquisition is now much more than an academic pursuit. It has become an essential skill for global cooperation and problem solving. Oxford Discover Futures is centered on the belief that language and literacy skills are best taught within a framework of critical thinking and global awareness, and it aims to guide students toward the broader goals of communication.
Oxford Discover Futures creates a positive and motivating learning environment by:
- Providing content that is relevant, informative, and educational.
- Allowing students to consider key questions and to reflect on and reconsider their responses as they develop their understanding
- Challenging students to think critically about topics, issues, and questions.
- Fostering competence in reading and writing.
- Life skills lessons which develop transferable skills for lifelong learning.
- Developing strategies that help students perform well in academic study and examinations.